You guys did it!
After scouring through several hundred responses(thank you!!!), I have come up with what feels like a pretty definitive list that describes what was going on musically for the last 10 years.
Let’s start with albums.
I received a little over 150 album titles and narrowed them down to these 20 in no particular order:
- Nakhane – You will not die
- Rihanna – ANTI
- Run the Jewels – RTJ2 2
- Moses Sumney – Aromanticism
- A Tribe Called Quest – We Got It from Here… Thank You 4 Your Service
- Khruangbin – Con Todo El Mundo
- Sir – Chasing Summer
- Kendrick Lamar – Good Kid MAAD city
- FKA Twigs – LP1
- Kacey Musgraves – Golden Hour
- Solange – A Seat at the table
- Kamasi Washington – The epic
- Beyonce – Lemonade
- Frank Ocean – Blonde
- Noname – Room 25
- Anderson Paak – Malibu
- Cardi B – Invasion of Privacy
- The Weeknd – House of Balloons
- Disclosure – Settle
- Burna Boy – African Giant
For songs, I tried my best to put in a nice mix of ubiquitous bops, genre-defining hits, sleeper numbers and even a few obscure selections from the huge selection I received. If you don’t see your songs in here, please don’t feel bad, I had to go quite broad with it.
Ni hayo tu kwa sasa.
Thank you so much for helping me out with this.
Here’s hoping the new decade will be as interesting.
Happy holidays and see y’all next year.